Radio Mirchi in Bangalore

I had been to Commercial street yesterday for shopping. When I was selecting a T-Shirt in a shop, suddenly I heard an advertisement in the radio that was familiar to me. Thats none other than "Yappa yappa Ayyappa....Radio Mirchi hot-appa...." I was shocked to hear this in Bangalore. Bcoz I used to hear this in Chennai Radi Mirchi FM and it is very impossible for FM signals to propagate from Chennai to Bangalore. Also Radio city was the only private FM station being broadcasted in Bangalore. Then I came to my apartment and tuned my mobile handset for any new FM station and I found Radio Mirchi at 93.3. This FM station was aired in Bangalore last week (April 17th). There is no doubt that this popular channel (in other cities) will be a tough competitor for Radio City. Obviously FM listeners in Bangalore have got another choice and going to have a good entertainment.

To my surprise, my mobile phone picked up Suryan FM & Radio mirchi from Chennai today morning. Got a chance to listen to 'Mirchi' Suchitra's charming voice ;-).

Is there any (tele)communication engineer to explain me how come this can happen?

Comments

Butterflies said…
It happens at times u get the signals tracked down..but usually it dosnt happen..or it might be broadcasted through some spl..Setups...apart from the resaerch enjoy mirchi suchi
Unknown said…
Shuba,
Keep visiting..:)
ganeshram said…
Nowdays there are lot of techinical problems in Mirchi it seems.Some times this Mirchi is not even aired after 12.00 am till 5.00 am

But let's not get into techinicallity of this.Jus Enjoy suchi.,mrhu i meant her Sweet Crisp Voice :-))
Anonymous said…
I have a question... I am not a Chennaite and so this question. Does Radio Mirchi, Chennai broadcast Hindi songs or only Tamil songs. Radio Mirchi, Bangalore plays only Hindi songs ( I do not understand why it is so?)
Please reply
Unknown said…
Anon,
Radio Mirchi, Chennai broadcasts only Tamil songs. Radio Mirchi has got many stations all over India. Songs will be broadcasted in the local language where they have the station set up.
Anonymous said…
If songs will be broadcast only in the local language where they have the station set up then why in Bangalore they broadcast songs in Hindi? FYI, the local language of Bangalore is Kannada

Popular posts from this blog

Mutual Fund Investment Tracker

A New place

Recipe: பிறந்த நாளைக் கொண்டாடுவது எப்படி?