South sister -- Camping and Hiking

This weekend I had been to South sister, the third tallest mountain (10,358ft) in Oregon state. We reached the Devils Lake trail head(5450ft) at 10PM on saturday, set up our tent and slept. When we woke up early (for me ;-)) in the morning at 6AM, the temperature was 39degF (4degC). Oh my God, I have never experienced this much lowest temperature. Udhadugal vedika aarambithana, udal nadunga aarambithadhu, kaigal eriya aarambithana. It was my toughest morning as I was fighting with the water to brush my teeth.
At about 7Am we started our hiking. For the first 1.5 miles, we climbed in the trail path in a dense mountain hemlock forest. There we saw a small eye catching river (see the picture). After reaching the top of this mountain, we saw the beatiful South sister mountain and we walked on a flat highland (Moraine lake valley) for 1 mile. Then we started to climb over this steep mountain. At about 1:30PM we reached the summit at an altitude of 10,358ft. Wow, the view from the top of this mountain was just breath-taking.
We walked for around 12 miles in 11 hours and Imust have lost atleast 8 pounds in my weight :(. I am very much tired and still recovering.

Comments

Pavithra said…
The pics look great !! Seems you enjoyed your trip. Since you lost weight quickly, u'll gain it quickly too ;-)
My days(Gops) said…
wow...fascinating.........

nallla experience a irrundhu irrukumey?
i mean => early morning endhirichadhu, appuram brush pannunadhu...
he he he.............

nice photos..
KK said…
Wow seems like a nice experience...Awesome pictures...I have been to this crater lake in oregon. That place also is a very scenic place. Your pictures reminded me of that.
Sasiprabha said…
Koduthu vaitha piraviyappa.. photos looks cool.. Hmmmmmmmmm... Recover soon..
Bharani said…
Kalakureenga bala...US vanthu nan innum oru edam parkala :(
ambi said…
wow! trekkingaa? superrrr.
enakku romba pidikkum. btw, pallu kooda theypiyaa? LOL :) summa! summa! kovapadaatha. :)
Butterflies said…
semaa tiredaa sooper experience....aaa?
Unknown said…
Pavithra,
U r correct..but jogging poi control-a iruken :)

Gops, KK,
It was a nice experience

Sasipraba,
Thanks

Bharani,
Winter varadhukkulla seekiran plan pannunga

Ambi,
Idhellam 3 much

Shuba,
Yes I was tired and it was a nice experinece
Dreamer said…
Pictures are absolutely amazing da..

Popular posts from this blog

Mutual Fund Investment Tracker

A New place

Fun @ work